Did you know that one third of the population over the age of 65 falls each year? And the risk of falls increases proportionately with age; at 80 years over half of seniors fall each year!
We understand that some falls are preventable along with the decrease quality of life they impose. We want to make sure that our active aging population is living each day to the fullest.
The Fall Prevention Academy was created to help improve balance, flexibility and strength while educating participants on strategies to avoid falls. During the two week course our certified trainers will educate and practice the following:
- Likely scenarios where falls occur and how to strategize ways to prevent accidents.
- Stationary balance exercises and learn how to incorporate progression and cognitive task.
- Moving balance exercises with safe progression.
- Strengthening exercises to improve balance, posture and overall stability or lower extremities and core.
- Learn how to fall properly to avoid serious injury from falls.
- Learns ways to prevent falls at home and in an outdoor environment.
Four 60 minute sessions $99.00
Contact Jeff DeRaps (916) 677-1210 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.